|The appointment button below can be used
between February 1st and mid-May or
between September 1st and mid-December.
For all other time periods, please
call 936-468-3902 for an appointment.
|To make an appointment with an advisor please click on the "Book Now" button below.
The advising center is located in room 127 of the Miller Science Building.
- Lynsey Cortines, firstname.lastname@example.org, 468-6035
- Trina Menefee, email@example.com, 468-3902
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Anita Beavers, firstname.lastname@example.org, 468-2315
- Any Major with the Pre Health Professions Attribute
- Process degree plans for the College of Sciences and Mathematics (CoSM)
- Process major/minor changes
- Assist probation and suspension students
- Academic Advising for students majoring in the College of Sciences and Mathematics
- Career counseling to assist students in choosing a major that best suits their career goals
- Study Skills seminars in which certain topics are addressed including: study tips, time management, and organization skills
- Provide a resource room (S127) for students and faculty in the College of Sciences and Mathematics
- Present information regarding degrees offered in the College of Sciences and Mathematics during Showcase Saturday, summer orientation sessions, family visits, campus tours, etc
- Coordinate shadowing rotation placements for the Pre-Health Professions Program
- To assist students in making responsible decisions consistent with interests, goals, abilities, and degree requirements
- To monitor the academic progress of students who are enrolled in Science and Mathematics courses
- To help students successfully make the transition into college life
Students with 45 or more hours can initiate the degree plan process in The College of Sciences & Mathematics Academic Advising & Student Services Center. Locate your major above to find out which advisor can assist you with your degree plan.