The mission of the SFA STEM Academy is to engage high school students in real-world applications of the STEM disciplines within an encouraging community of SFA faculty and high school teachers who support and inspire them both academically and interpersonally.
The primary objective of the SFA STEM Academy is to engage academically capable high school students in real-world, problem-based, integrated research/field experiences where science and mathematics are brought to life.
- SFA STEM Elective Curriculum delivered at high school campus and tailored to match science course curriculum
- Half-day visits to SFA laboratories or relevant field sites, led by SFA faculty, every three weeks
- Cohort design with mentoring opportunities
- Selective pathways for upper-level students to specialize within STEM disciplines
- Graduation with college credit hours in math and science
- Investigation of STEM careers and career paths
For more information about LISD's SFA STEM Academy, please click here.
For more information about NISD's SFA STEM Academy, please click here.
For more information, contact Dr. Jana Redfeild or Dr. Nola Schmidt at STEMcenter@sfasu.edu.