The primary objective of the SFA STEM Academy is to engage academically capable high school students in real-world, problem-based, integrated research/field experiences where science and mathematics are brought to life. Students will be involved in challenging experiences/investigations and coursework designed to deepen their academic and analytical skills. This program allows students to earn a STEM endorsement and distinguished high school diploma. The main components of this program are:
- Additional STEM elective courses taught on the NHS campus
- Laboratory/field experiences with SFA faculty, on the SFA campus or in the field
- Rigorous academic program with dual credit and advanced placement course options
- Supportive cohort structure
- Exposure to STEM careers through field trips and visits with STEM professionals
Students may apply for admission into this program before beginning ninth grade. The application period for the 2016-2017 school year has ended. Here, you may view a sample application for last year's program.
STEM Chase Scholarship Application - Click Here
For further information, please contact the STEM Center at STEMcenter@sfasu.edu.